Rice Bubble Slice
Kids absolutely love Rice Bubble Slice, making this the perfect afternoon snack or birthday party treat. It also only uses five ingredients, being nut-free, egg-free, wheat-free and dairy-free, meaning you can serve it up at a party without having to worry about allergies!
5 min prep | 60 min refrigeration | Makes 16 pieces
- 125g Wonder Dairy Free Spread
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 cups rice bubbles
- Line a rectangular cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt the honey, Dairy Free Spread and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat
- Let the mixture come to a boil, and boil for about 3 minutes until the colour changes to a light caramel and begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the vanilla, be very careful as it is very hot and will bubble.
- Add the rice bubbles to the saucepan.
- Stir until everything is mixed together.
- Tip the mix into the lined cake tin and use wooden spoon to spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 30-60 mins until solid.
- Slice into pieces and lay out on the party table for everyone to grab a piece.
- Once hardened it will keep in an air tight container at room temperature.
To make Rice Bubble Slice gluten-free as well, substitute rice bubbles for a gluten-free puffed rice cereal.